Review of the best Sound Bars that provide better sound clarity and more power. Most new flat screen TVs come without forward-facing speakers, and that’s a terrible thing because they don’t sound great that way. However, you can fix that audio issue using one of these soundbars and give your TV shows, music, movies and sports that extra clarity and punch which they surely deserve. Skip to the best soundbar on Amazon.
Best Sound Bars
The best stereo sound bar will be a tremendous improvement over the speakers used in flat-screen TVs. Its easy to set-up and gives a more streamlined look.
Full sound system, including a wireless subwoofer and two rear satellite speakers. Easy to set up. Suited for any 47″+ Class TV.
All-metal construction. creates true 5.1 surround sound experience in combination with the 6″ subwoofer and rear satellite speakers. Built-in Bluetooth with aptX technology (wirelessly stream audio from smartphone, tablet, or computer). Wireless Sub & Rear Speakers. HDMI Connection. Comes with LCD display remote.
Includes multiple connection cables. Weight: 30.7 pounds.
Paradigm Shift SoundScape
Best suited for TVs 50 inches and above. Sleek design. Easy to install and setup
Pros: Great sound quality and surround sound. No need of subwoofer and amplifier. Cons: Cheap remote
Digital optical and analog inputs. Bluetooth with aptx. Weight: 27.1 pounds
Sony HTCT380 300W 2.1 Sound Bar
Sony HTCT380 300W 2.1 Sound Bar comes with Wireless Sub-woofer, is easy to setup via the three HDMI in and one out plus ARC support, ensures wireless music streaming through NFC connections and Bluetooth. Engineered with Dolby TrueHD and dots-HD Master Audio format support.
Sound Bar: Guide
What is television (or your entertainment zone) without good sound? Many television sets come with sound output that does not match the picture quality which is why many people are now looking for good additional high quality audio device such as sound bar, which can provide sound clarity and power for better movie viewing experience.
To help you choose a good sound bar, we have attached a buying guide that will help you choose the best among the lot.
Some HDTVs have great picture quality but lacks an equally good sound output or clarity. That’s when a sound bar helps to make up for the lack of sound. It is a cost effective solution as well as space saving alternative in case you have those restrictions as well.
Depending on the size of the room you have, you can choose from the following options.
- Virtual surround bar: Includes the left, center and right audio channels (also called LCR) all in one sleek cabinet. Although not as good as a true surround sound system, it will considerably improve the sound you get while watching movies, TV, or playing video games.
- If you just want stereo sound, or you are working with a larger room, you may consider a more conventional sound bar with built-in amplification.
- While most sound bars include built-in amplification, but some do not. Those that do not are called passive and will require a connection to a home theater receiver. This is a good option for anyone who already has a receiver, or who may want to create a complete surround sound/home theater system later on. Using a separate receiver will give a higher quality sound overall, and usually a receiver will offer all the audio inputs you need.
- Lastly, you might want to consider adding a separate powered subwoofer. A sound bar can only go so far in reproducing lower bass tones, so if you enjoy deep bass a subwoofer may be worth the investment.
Things to Look For
Look out for the following features are important if you want to purchase the best sound bar for your TV.
- A good sound bar will have the technology that mimics the real surround sound. It may not be a distinguishable factor for a lay man but a professional can easily separate between the ones that provide it and the ones that don’t.
- Look out for an integrated subwoofer for a deeper base sound along with integrated speakers. The subwoofer can be separated from the sound bar’s main body if you wish to do so.
- If you want to connect your smart phone or tablet to your sound bar, check for sound bars with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Be sure to check the various audio inputs you need (cable, DVD player, game console, etc.) before making your decision.
A sound bar is a great option when it comes to additional quality sound output. It is slim and fits easily under or over your HDTV. It does not take much space and is cost effective. If you want to add to your movie watching experience, just add in a sound bar to enjoy great picture and sound effects. You can look at reviews on various models to get a unbiased user feedback on the model you intend to buy. It is definitely a good and cost effective alternative to a surround sound system.