Disclosure: Links in this post may be to our affiliates; sales through affiliate links may benefit this site. Please help support Studiopsis and buy from B&H and Amazon. It won’t cost you anything extra.
Best Camera Sling Bags for photographers who need quick access to camera kits, besides providing adequate protection to the camera gear.
Though backpacks are quite popular and are quite comfortable to carry, many photographers prefer something that is a bit lighter and doesn’t give the impression that you are going on a long trek.
In case you are looking for something different from a backpack, something that lets you access your camera much faster, then a sling-bag will be more appropriate for you.
A sling-bag is somewhat like backpacks but is worn only over one shoulder, and allows for easier access to your gear.
Sling camera bags allow you to go from carrying your gear on your back, to taking your shot without having to take off the camera bag.
It can still carry lot of your camera related stuff, but the way it is designed you can access your camera quickly to that interesting shot.
- 1 Features of Camera Sling Bags
- 2 Recommended Camera Sling Bags & Cases
- 3 Lowepro Slingshot 302 DSLR Sling Camera Bag
- 4 Case Logic DCB-308 SLR Camera Sling
- 5 Kewl DSLR Camera Bag Sling Backpack
- 6 Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW DSLR Sling Camera Bag
- 7 Altura Photo Sling Backpack for Cameras
- 8 You Might Also Like:
Features of Camera Sling Bags
Here are some more features of a Camera Sling Bag:
Recommended Camera Sling Bags & Cases
Lowepro Slingshot 302 DSLR Sling Camera Bag
The Lowepro Slingshot 302 is one of the most popular camera sling bags, allows quick access to your gear, can hold a tripod or monopod to side of the sling, fits a Pro DSLR with attached zoom lens; 4-6 additional lenses or flash units and accessories; compact tripod or monopd; personal items.
Case Logic DCB-308 SLR Camera Sling
The Case Logic DCB-308 is a great sling bag for shooting on the go. Has enough space to fit SLR camera with standard zoom lens attached or DSLR with grip (when stored vertically), Adjustable divider system provides customizable space for your gear/accessories, comes with a Weather hood
Kewl DSLR Camera Bag Sling Backpack
The Kewl DSLR Camera Bag Sling Backpack is designed for DSLR, SLR, Point and Shoot Digital Cameras, or as a GoPro Camera Case. has padded compartments, tripod/monopod housing, Looks stylish and has a unique slot for your sunglasses.
Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW DSLR Sling Camera Bag
The Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW is a great sling bag that gives quick access and ample space for camera and related equipment.
Pros: Great design, allows easy access, all-weather cover
Cons: Not comfortable enough to wear for an extended period of time, Longer lenses or telephoto lenses may not fit in the bag.
The Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW is a comparatively large, well made and useful bag. This is perfect for locations where you may not get a surface where you can keep the camera bag down and remove your camera gear.
General perception of sling bags is that it suits men more than women, however, this one can be used by all. The one-shoulder design may cause a little discomfort and strain on the shoulder and back; you’ll also need to take the bag off your shoulder, keep it down and open it all the way in case you want to change the lens. However, these are true of most sling bags. But the main advantage sling bags offer is that they are lightweight and allow you to access the camera equipment & accessories without having to remove the bag and keep it on the ground.
- Quick rotation from back to front allows easy access to your camera, lenses and accessories
- It can take a compact tripod or monopod to side of the sling via foldout holder
- All Weather AW Cover protects your camera gear and personal items from the elements
- Includes a built-in microfiber cloth for and two memory card pockets
- Fits a DSLR with attached standard zoom lens; 3-4 additional lenses or flash units and accessories; compact tripod or monopod
- You can expand carrying capacity by adding compatible pouches, cases and bags
Altura Photo Sling Backpack for Cameras
Altura Photo Sling Backpack for Cameras reviewed here. The lightweight, multi-use travel bag is perfect for photographers on the move!
The advantage of using a sling design is that it makes for quick rotation, from the back to your front of your body, making it easier to access the contents of your backpack, even when the bag is worn.
Key features of the bag:
- Multiple dynamic compartments to hold all your belongings in one safe and convenient place!
- Holds DSLR cameras with a standard zoom lens, allows you to fit extra lenses or flash units.
- Padded adjustable dividers, mesh pockets for smaller items/accessories, tripod/monopod holder
- Quick access to side doors, allows easy and fast access to your gear.
- Dimensions: 8.5″ x 5.5″ x 16″ (LxWxH)
- Bonus: Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth
Overall, the Altura Photo Sling Backpack is a great travel companion for all photography enthusiasts, with ample space for camera, accessories and personal items, in one convenient backpack.