iPhone was a revolutionary product that changed the way people thought about smartphones. However, not many are aware that the iPhone comes with a really top-quality built-in camera, the camera feature in an iPhone is more like a portable DSLR. So, it’s no wonder that it is an extremely popular phone.
But what makes the iPhone camera even cooler is that there are several accessories available to enhance its features. These iPhone accessories for the camera help you take some amazing photos with the iPhone.
Let’s take a peek at some of the popular & useful iPhone accessories:
- 1 Kogeto Dot 360-Degree Panoramic Video Accessory
- 2 Studio Neat Glif Tripod Mount & Stand for iPhone 4 & 4S
- 3 Olloclip Quick-Connect Lens Solution (Fisheye Lens, Macro Lens, Wide-angle Lens)
- 4 iPhone SLR Mount
- 5 Galileo iPhone Mount
- 6 Steadicam Smoothee for iPhone 4
- 7 Owle Bubo Camera Mount, Microphone, Stabilizer / 37mm Wide-Angle Lens
- 8 LifeProof Case
- 9 Joby Gorillamobile
- 10 Flash Dock
- 11 Get a Battery Charger
- 12 Final Thoughts
- 13 Related Posts:
Kogeto Dot 360-Degree Panoramic Video Accessory
Snap Dot is a revolutionary attachment for your iPhone4. You can now instantly record an awesome 360 degree video on your iPhone 4, all you need is Snap Dot and download Kogeto’s free looker app.
How this works is Kogeto’s compact and durable Iconic lens with iPhone 4’s HD video camera makes it possible for you to capture all of your adventures or a concert in full 360 degree without any frames stitching together.
Snap Dot does not require any external battery or power and does not add much weight to the phone because it’s extremely light in weight.
Studio Neat Glif Tripod Mount & Stand for iPhone 4 & 4S
The Glif is a very resourceful accessory that helps you mount your iphone on a tripod and prop it up to shoot at various angles. Now, take great pictures or videos with your iphone from stunning angles or prop it up to watch videos or for hands-free Face-Timing.
Some other notable feature of the Glif:
1. Small in size, fits easily into your pocket, purse or your backpack
2. Made of recyclable rubberized plastic
3. 1/4″ – 20 thread that fits any tripod or camera mount
4. Compatible with iPhone 4 and 4S
Olloclip Quick-Connect Lens Solution (Fisheye Lens, Macro Lens, Wide-angle Lens)
The olloclip is a product that changes your device’s camera lens .You can change from fish eye to macro to wide angle with this quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone 4/4S
Olloclip is small and can easily fit into your pocket. It also connects to the iPhone easily so you can switch lenses and capture images you want
The 3 Lenses :
1. The Macro lens is cleverly well concealed within the olloclip. However, it can be accessed by unscrewing the wide angle lens that is usually attached to it. The macro allows you to focus on the iPhone withing 12-15mm of the subject and applies a 10X multiplier
2. The wide angle lens works well when you need a wider field of view more like double that of the normal phone
3. You can capture some striking images with the fisheye lens. It captures approximately a 180 Degree field-of-view.
iPhone SLR Mount
The iPhone SLR Mount is a case-adapter combo. Its function is to mount your Nikon SLR or Canon EOS lens to your iPhone4.And the result? Powerful depth of field and manual focus!
iPhone was a revolution in every sense. But it stood out for its amazing phone camera. With the iPhone SLR Mount, you get to take your love for photography a step forward. It will set apart your pictures from the rest. You won’t need filters for your Instagram posts anymore! Just attach any of the SLR lens, be it a telephoto, macro or a wide angle, it all attaches to the iPhone thanks to the SLR mount.
Galileo iPhone Mount
The Galileo is a IOS controlled robotic iPhone platform with spherical rotation capability. In other words, with a swipe of your finger on the ipad or ios device, you can orient your iPhone or iPod Touch with the help of Galileo.
Galileo is an extremely useful tool for amateurs or professionals alike. It gives ios endless possibilities of remote-controlled motion and us even capable of an infinite 360 degree pan-and-tilt at speeds of up to 200 degrees per second in any orientation.
Here’s the Kickstarter campaign.
Steadicam Smoothee for iPhone 4
With the Smoothie, you can now be sure to get clear pictures without any blur due to a shake. Using the same technology as the big $60,000 rigs used in Hollywood, the Steadicam Smoothie ensures that you get sharp pictures and shoot smooth videos.
It is compatible with Apple iPhone 3Gs, Apple iPhone4 and Flip Mino HD. It is small and can be easily carried around. All you need is to attach the camera mount to your device and capture anything you like and you can be assured of perfectly still shots.
Some other features of the Steadicam Smoothee are:
1. You can take the smoothee up down, indoors-outdoors, through crowds or anywhere for that matter, it is precise and easy to control.
2. The removable quick release mount also serves as a tabletop stand or can be mounted on any tripod with a standard 1/4×20″ camera mount.
3. The hand-grip is comfortable and ergonomic and folds up securely when its not used.
Owle Bubo Camera Mount, Microphone, Stabilizer / 37mm Wide-Angle Lens
Ideal for a videographer, the owle Bubo is Steadicam equivalent for a phone and it is built in such a way that it needs to be held just like a standard camera. It gives you the much needed confidence to shoot any scene while keeping your device steady .
Worried about your iPhone getting damaged due to water or dirt? You needn’t worry anymore because the LifeProof Case will protect your iPhone. The case is water, dirt and shock proof. It is convenient, sleek unobtrusive and refined.
Some notable features of the LifeProof Case include:
1. Protects from dust, water and other day-to-day hazards.
2. Designed to military specifications and has a full IP-68 rating
3. Measure only 1/6” from center of the phone
4. Won’t stick to your pocket because of the unique combination of materials
5. You can take it underwater (2 meters/6.6ft depth)
6. Package includes bonus Headphone Adaptor and Keeper for headphone jack cover
GorillaMobile for iPhone 4 is a durable polycarbonate plastic bumper case with flexible bendable legs. It protects your iPhone from damage and also acts as a tripod.
You can position your phone to take both portrait and landscape thanks to the unique rail system that allows for easy slide on and off. The flexible legs helps you find the perfect angle on any surface, flat or not. The new GorillaMobile for iPhone is very well designed in such a way that you can take full advantage of all the rich media features of your iPhone i.e.
1. Camera flash
2. Front facing camera
3. HDR and 5 times zoom
Flash Dock is more than just a device to hold your phone or camera.
1. With a flash dock, it is now possible to use your iPhone for geotagging and instantly sharing your photos with the world. However, you will need to purchase a Eye-Fi card and an ad hoc wi-fi connection for geo tagging and photo sharing.
2. You can also use your iPhone’s flash as a low-light autofocus aid if you have a Canon 5D Mark II DSLR
3. Latly, you can use the flash dock for mounting your phone on your camera, i.e. you can film while taking photos.
Get a Battery Charger
Smartphones are good, but you always have to be careful about the battery (how much is left). And most of the time, the battery is unlikely to last the entire day.
That is why you need a battery charger so tat you can recharge your iPhone whereever you’re. You can get out into the backwoods and still have access to your camera.
Imagine hiking a portion of the Appalachians, going on a photo expedition, or taking the kids on a camping trip, and documenting the experience with your iPhone camera.
With a battery charger, things will progress smoothly witout any hiccups.
If you have an iPhone, you need these cool accessories to go with it. You can take great pictures with the camera on iPhone, but with the right combination of accessories, you can get some great shots and also fully enjoy various other features of your iPhone.
Accessories like tripod, macro lens, underwater housing, hardened case, remote shutter, and battery charger are really helpful and will actually change the way your capture photo/videos. In fact, only a couple of these iPhone camera accessories can change your perspective of the world around you. Are these accessories worth the money? Of course they’re; buy one and you will find out!
Want to take incredible photos with your iPhone, please join our newsletter to receive our free iPhone photography email tips.