Speakers & Audio Systems: Here are the more common Kinds & Types
Home entertainment systems have undergone a sea-change and speakers are now available in various designs to suits different needs. There are many more kinds, besides the more popular portable ones, and the earplugs that most teens use. Home, car, computer, big facilities, all use speakers!
Besides, most consumers are not comfortable when it comes to setting up audio speakers, usually because of the technical terminologies associated with them.
And these are indeed important components of any entertainment system, be it home stereo systems, or home theater systems or gaming system. Any system that has poor speakers can ruin even the most capable and expensive setup.
Overview of Common Audio Systems
So what are the various situations where you’ll need speakers? Here are some of the more common places where you would need them.
- Listening to music or for use with home theater systems to watch movies.
- For your computer or portable mp3 player
- In companies, for making announcements
- In hotels for playing soft music.
That is why you hear so many names such as surface mount speaker systems, ceiling speakers, bookshelf speakers, floorstanding speakers, sound bars, desktop audio speakers, and so on.
- Floorstanding speakers: Bigger in size & offer quality sound from solid enclosures.
- Soundbar Speakers: Sleek and compact
- Bookshelf speakers: Usually placed on raised surfaces, such as stands (have solid enclosures)
- Wireless Home Stereo Speakers
- Computer Speakers
- MP3 Speakers
- Car Speakers
- Architectural audio speakers usually hide in walls and ceilings
- ALL Speakers…
As you can see there are several options available when it comes to selecting stereo speakers for your home entertainment system or for any other purpose. Learning about the various options available to you can help you choose what works best for you, given your audio environment and tastes. So pick the one that suits your needs the best.